Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219884367

From: Ron Lankshear <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] ftp uploading prolems - FileZilla not working - IsRandy able to confirm
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:46:07 +1000

I too cannot get through with FileZilla which
usually is immediate

It says

Status:Resolving address of
users.freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com
Status:Connecting to 66.43.27.23:21...
Status:Connection established, waiting for
welcome message...

But nothing appears

Switched to WSFTP and it is saying Connected but
nothing appears

Ron Lankshear - Sydney Aust (from London-
Shepherds Bush & Chiswick)
PS Ron often omits vital words like THE and NOT in
emails
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lankshear/

Rosalind Davies wrote:
> Thanks to Barry & Linda for all their help but I'm still not able to
> upload my website via Dreamweaver or Firezilla.
> In Dreamweaver I have ticked the box to allow Passive transfers but
> still get the message "Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server
> time. The Select Newer & Synchronise commands will not be available"
>
> I have used the site
> http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/tutorials/filezilla-instructions.htm
> to download and configure Firezilla but get the message "Default
> Remote path cannot be parsed Make sure it is valid & is supported by the
> selected server type.
>
> I have checked my firewall and my file names have no spaces.
> Please help,
> Ros Davies
> Sydney
> Australia