Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219885837

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] ftp uploading prolems
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:10:37 +1200

Rosalind Davies <> wrote
On Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:22 PM (UTC+12)

> I'm still not able to
> upload my website via Dreamweaver or Firezilla.
> In Dreamweaver I have ticked the box to allow Passive transfers but
> still get the message "Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server
> time. The Select Newer & Synchronise commands will not be available"
>
> I have used the site
> http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/tutorials/filezilla-instructions.htm
> to download and configure Firezilla but get the message "Default
> Remote path cannot be parsed Make sure it is valid & is supported by the
> selected server type.
>
> I have checked my firewall and my file names have no spaces.
> Please help,
---------------------
Ros

Here is what a Passive Mode connection log will look like in FileZilla:-

The following is the PASV mode log:-

Response: 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5)
Command: USER bristowe
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********
Response: 230 Login successful.
Command: SYST
Response: 215 UNIX Type: L8
Command: FEAT
Response: 211-Features:
Response: EPRT
Response: EPSV
Response: MDTM
Response: PASV
Response: REST STREAM
Response: SIZE
Response: TVFS
Response: 211 End
Command: CWD /misc_html/
Response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/genealogy_html"
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (66,43,27,23,21,48)
Command: LIST
Response: 150 Here comes the directory listing.
Response: 226 Directory send OK.

You should go to File / Site Manager and set up the connection there. Now
select the Advanced Tab and enter in the Remote Directory box -
genealogy_html, then select the Transfers Tab and check the Passive Mode
button. Now click Connect and the connection should be made.

The Site Manager should save the settings.

I have just done a connectionto the server and all is working fine.

Barry

This thread: