Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219943106

From: "Linda H. Gutierrez" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] FreePages
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:05:06 -0600

It is not clear if you are publishing to the RootsWeb FreePages, but I can only assume so since you joined this list.

In recent days the FreePages server was changed and now requires Passive FTP.

If your publishing program does not allow for publishing with Passive FTP then you will have to use one of the free FTP programs like FileZilla.

Here are some instructions that were posted by Barry Carlson earlier today:

Just download the program and follow the instructions.

If this is not the problem, then be sure to write back to the list.

Good luck.

in Costa Rica
Monroe County, NY Records and Family Genealogy
Monroe County, NY History