Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1220048826

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Cannot Connect to freepages to upload
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:27:06 +1200

Jeff Piper <> wrote:-
On Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:23 AM (UTC+12)

>I am using Vista Home Premium with FireFTP
>
> When I try to connect to upload the log shows
>
> 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5)
> USER jeffpiper
> 331 Please specify the password.
> PASS (password not shown)
>
> The QUIT and it keeps retrying.
>
> I'm connecting to users.freepages.rootsweb.com and am in Passive mode.
>
> Using Filezilla I get

> Any solutions welcome
Jeff

You are obviously using the correct Password, otherwise you would get 530
Login incorrect.

I have just tried the Freepages server using FileZilla and the Passive Mode
connection is working correctly. It would seem to me that there could be a
connection/timing issue between you and the server. Possibly just a
temporary overload on your ISP.

Barry

This thread: