Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1220064678

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Frontpage 2000 ftp problem still exists
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:51:18 +1200

Lucinda Blankenship <> wrote:-
On Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:36 AM (UTC+12)

> I know Frontpage 2000 is an old program but I love it and it works well
> for
> what I use it for. I have switched temporarily to CuteFTP 8 for my FTP
> needs because I am still unable to connect using my program. I have the
> passive mode ticked and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? I'm fine
> using what I have right now but it is not the preferred method. Thanks
> for
> the help again!
---------------
Cindy

Select the Blue "gearwheel" link to the right of the Port input.
In the General tab you should have -
1. Name of your website (you choose)
2. Host address: users.freepages.rootsweb.com
3. Your assigned username
4. Your assigned Password (CaSe SensiTive)
5. Login Method - Radio button - Normal

In the Type tab -
1. FTP(standard File Transfer Protocol)
2. Port: 21
3. Server type: Auto-detect
4. Data connection type: Use global settings
5. Transfer type: Use global settings
6. Server time zone: No Offset - Don't check the Automatically connect box.

In Actions tab -
1. When client connects, switch to this folder: genealogy_html
2. When client connects, switch to this loca folder: "your choice"
3. For navigation use the following cache options: Use cache during session
4. When uploading, apply this rule to files and folder names: Preserve case

In Options tab -
1. Site specific configuration options: Use global settings for all options

Those are the settings that currently are working for me

Barry

This thread: