Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1220243680

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Freepages guest book not working?
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 16:34:40 +1200

Don Erickson wrote:-
On Monday, September 01, 2008 4:14 PM (UTC+12)

<snip>
>I have had a web page on freepages for several years,
> but recently found that no one can add entries to the
> guest book.
</snip>
--------------------
Don

A few months ago the URL was changed and became ....rootsweb.ancestry.com,
this is not a problem when calling webpages as there is a permanent 301
redirect in place.

However, when addressing the form script the address has to be correct, so
your form needs to be changed to look similar to the following:-

<form method="POST" action=
"http://resources.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~guestbook/cgi-bin/public_guestbook.cgi?gb=nnnn&action=submit";
- where the nnnn should be subsituted with your guestbook number.

Barry

This thread: