Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-10 > 1225149188

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] How do notifying those linked to my website
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:13:08 +1300

On Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:07 AM (UTC+13)
Barb wrote:-

>I am moving a rather large website that has been in existence for 7 years.
> I would like to find a way that will easily let those that are linked to
> it
> of the change to Rootsweb. AOL is shutting down all their sites on
> October 31
> so a redirect will probably only last for a short time. Is there an easy
> way to do this instead of sending out individual emails to each linked
> site?
Barb

There is no simple solution to your problem. But I would check with AOL
Hometown as to whether they will permit 301 redirects for a period following
the closing of the the current service.

Emailing the known referers is probably the only way.

The following URL may help you:-
http://gocee.com/eureka/e_subchg.htm

Barry

This thread: