Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-11 > 1226174344

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] FTP problem
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 08:59:04 +1300

On Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:11 AM (UTC+13)
T.M. Sommers <> wrote:-
>I have been unable to ftp anything to freepages. I log in successfully,
> and I can change directories, but everything else I have done results in
> a disconnect. Here is a sample transcript:
> I am using the standard Windows XP ftp client.

I have checked the server using the FileZilla FTP client and normal file
transfers took place.

The Windows XP FTP client is a command line driven beast, and perhaps you
may be interested in using a free FTP Client program such as FileZilla which
is available at:-

If you would like to check the FileZilla setup for Freepages, then an
example setup page is at:-

This thread: