Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-11 > 1226178873

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Hyperlinks not working
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 16:14:33 -0500

At 03:57 PM 11/8/2008, you wrote:
>I have just tried to update a few of my Freepages files. My URL is
>http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~paroth
>
>I have 6 Summerstock Pages: the first being:
>http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~paroth/PERSONAL/SUMMERSTOCKYEARS_1.html
>
>I have linked the six pages by hyperlinks at the bottom of each
>page. All the links work, except for these two:

>They are at the bottom of my SUMMERSTOCKYEARS_3.html page
>
>Any idea why they don't work? I cut & pasted the text between "xxx",
>just like all the other links...they just don't work...???

The link for "Camelot" is

You are already in the /PERSONAL directory, so your link should be

The same is true for SUMMERSTOCKYEARS_4.html

However, by inserting special characters in your file names, some
browsers may have problems with them. File names on the web should
contain only alpha-numeric characters, h-phens, under_scores, and a
single dot/period between the file name and the file extension. See
http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pasher/naming.htm

Pat

This thread: