Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2009-01 > 1231035294

From: Cindy Smith <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] IE 6
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:14:54 -0500

I have IE 7, but during vacation I viewed my website on a friend's computer with IE 6, and saw some problems with the links on this page: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~holdridge/records.html

There are spaces between each link in the menu when viewed in IE 6. I think I know how to fix it, but I don't know how to preview it to see the results in IE 6. I looked into downloading IE 6, but there seem to be lots of problems trying to run IE 6 with a VISTA operating system and IE 7 already installed.

I use Expressions Web as an editor, but it does not give me the option of previewing in IE 6. It only lets me preview in browsers that are installed on my computer, like Opera, Safari, Firefox, IE 7.

I ran into a website that allowed website checking with numerous browsers, but can't find it again. Does anyone know of such a site?

Or, does anyone on the list have IE 6 installed as browser instead of IE 7? Would you be willing to check my page after I fix the IE 6 issue?

Thanks,

Cindy

This thread: