Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2009-01 > 1232865377

From: "Barry Carlson" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] OT: laptop screen brightness./glare
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:36:17 +1300

On Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:58 PM (UTC+13)
Judy Florian wrote:-

> All I know is its a Gateway Notebook. Nobody here with me now so I
> can't turn it over for model. Sorry.
Judy

Most of the laptops have a FN key normally located next to the LH Ctrl key.
This key when depressed in conjunction with either the F1 or F2 function
keys will either Lower or Raise the screen brightness.

Your power settings in the BIOS may be set to "auto", in which case the
keyboard setting may need to be readjusted each time you boot the computer.

Barry

This thread: