Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2009-07 > 1247063915

Subject: [FreeHelp] need help getting started
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 07:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have read thru the intro email and looked at the links referenced, but I can't see how to get started. I went to http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~nephibolsenfamily but it's empty of course. I have info to go to:   users.freepages.rootsweb.com and use
username:   nephibolsenfamily with a pwd but I see no place to log on.. just looks like generic rootsweb.

also the email said:

"When you look in your directory, you'll see subdirectories called
"genealogy_html", "family_html", "history_html" and so on.  Upload your
HTML and GIF files into whichever subdirectory relates to your pages.
EXAMPLE:  A file uploaded to the "genealogy_html" subdirectory will
immediately be visible to the whole Web at:

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~nephibolsenfamily

Going there I see no directories - nothing.  I just can't see how to get started - where are the subdirectories? how do I get there?

Also is rootsweb just a place for data or can we configure a web page for our site?

thanks,
Gary Olsen

This thread: