Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2009-07 > 1247064916

From: Pat Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] need help getting started
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:55:16 -0400

First you have to sign in to the File Manager
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/fileman/ using the account
and password sent to you.

You will then see Select which community you want to work with -
select one from the dropdown list then click Enter File Manager

You can then use the online editor
http://www.genealogy-computer-tips.com/using-rootsweb-online-editor/

First you might want to read some of the information here
http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/

and use some of the resources mentioned. Another good source of
information is
http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pasher/ and
http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~zuber/gentips/

Come back and ask questions and we'll be glad to try and help.

pat

=================
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~nephibolsenfamily
>

>Going there I see no directories - nothing. I just can't see how to
>get started - where are the subdirectories? how do I get there?
>
>Also is rootsweb just a place for data or can we configure a web
>page for our site?

Pat Geary, Microsoft MVP - Expression Web
We discuss FrontPage and Expression Web
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gearyfamily/frontpage/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gearyfamily/expression-web/
http://www.expression-web-tutorials.com/

Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web EBook
http://frontpage-to-expression.com/

This thread: