Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2009-11 > 1257345038

From: "Catherine Burke" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] help recovering my files
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:30:38 -0600

Hello, I hope I am writing to the right place or that you can direct me.

A few months ago my computer crashed and the recovery disc we tried to make
from the hard drive became corrupted thereby making all of my genealogy
files that I have on my family website nonexistent.

I have searched and searched for a way to copy my files off of the Rootsweb
server and get them back onto my computer so that I can have access to them
again. I still have my passwords. While I can find plenty of information
on how to upload files I can't find out how to retrieve my already uploaded
files. I have a rather extensive site so to not have access to it and to
think about having to recreate it is too daunting a task. There must be an
easier way!

If you can guide me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Catherine

This thread: