Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2009-11 > 1258049316

From: "Barry Carlson" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Are you missing ALT attributes from images?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:08:36 +1300

On Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:21 PM
Byron wrote:-

> Barry
> One program Judy might use that is freely available for personal use is:
> InfoRapid Search and Replace. Doing find/replace/etc functions would be
> quite easy with InfoRapid. I use it myself on a folder system I have with
> 30,000+ pages of html, and when I need to make a specific change, this
> program handles the job quite nicely. IMO YMMV
> Program can be found at There is an 'English' button
> available for the site. As always, backup your data before
> experimenting/changing.

Thanks very much for this helpful information. I have downloaded and tested
the InfoRapid Search and Replace program and have found it is just what is
required. The download page is at:-

On opening the program I ran a search for -
In Files:- *.htm | *html
In Directories:- C:\Documents and Settings\Barry Carlson\My Documents\My Web
Search Options:- Pattern matching, Multiline search, Shortest match length.
Matches found:- 64
Files found / total:- 23 / 380

So there you are Judy, exactly what you are seeking. All you need to do is
once you find an img tag with a missing alt attribute is decide what text
you are going to insert with the Replace function.

Sorry about the bad lead on ErrOmi. Not having FP, I wasn't able to do a
test before posting the details about it.

Thanks also to Tina for her info on MS Sharepoint Designer 2007.

This thread: