Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2010-02 > 1266035663

From: "Henry S Dillon" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] free pages website construction - two cemeteries
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:34:23 -0800

Ok. I have two cemeteries, one finished just as I'd like to see it online
and other partially so. They are formatted via MS Word, however. I have
read MS Word is not the best form to work from. If I can't construct these
in MS Word, what format should I use? Anyway I think I need to get them
into an html format either via the WYSIWYG Editor or by applying basic html.
However, as I have experimented with the free pages editor, I haven't had
much luck. I don't understand the function/definition of a various
categories listed. For example, how is a directory or subdirectory
different from a file? If each cemetery is a separate file, what is a
directory? I also tried to upload a cemetery file and got a message it was
too large. Obviously I've created a bit of a dog's breakfast up to this
point. Thanks for any suggestions.

Henry