Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2010-09 > 1285167860

From: Ian Singer <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Getting Started With Freepges
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:04:20 -0400

On 9/22/2010 10:09 AM, Billie Walsh wrote:

> Later I split everything out into it's own directory. One for pictures,
> one for the data files, one for the name indexes, etc. In some cases
> sub-sub-directories for individual family information. Made my life much
> simpler.

Very true.

> I don't know how many others do this, but I keep complete copies of all
> my websites on my computer. That way I can edit off line and then
> upload. I can also make sure that all internal and external links work
> like they should

And how do you verify a link on your computer as either it is direct
such as http://www.iansinger.com/pictures/1.jpg or is relative where the
path is specified with .. from where you are. Neither method will work
on your local computer as you will not have the same pathing, unless
maybe you set it up as a server.

Ian Singer

--

See my homepage at http://www.iansinger.com