Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2010-09 > 1285183409

From: Charles Dobie <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] create additional folders if you choose to
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:23:29 -0400

At 03:18 PM 9/22/2010, Billie Walsh wrote:

>I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it a
>freepages account isn't a single account, sortof. When you open your
>site and see all the "directories" [ GENEALOGY_HTML, BOOKS_HTML,
>HISTORY_HTML,etc. ] each one is kind of like a separate account. They
>may be on separate servers or different drives on one server. That's why
>your page address reads like ""
>. The address leads to your site on the "genealogy" server. You have ten
>different "accounts" that you can use for various things.
>At least if you think of them as separate accounts it makes it a bit
>easier to get your head around.

Quite true -- I currently use three of them -- genealogy, history and
military. And eventually I'll use another to put on photos of my coin
collection but who knows when that will happen.

Charles Dobie,

My genealogy website: <>;
My local history website: <>;
My Canadian Navy website:
You can see public photos on my Flickr account at

This thread: