Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2010-09 > 1285607348

From: Pat Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Presenting pictures in a list - looking for a betterway...?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:09:08 -0400

At 02:50 PM 9/26/2010, Ian Singer wrote:
>Oh and on your page you have too many blank lines below the rootsweb
>banker. Also the list of links following is too long and totally takes
>away from all the text below. Make the list two or three columns. When
>someone goes to the page they want to see the content and at the moment
>all they see is up to the Family Group links, which is the same as
>seeing nothing. Why are you wasting space and showing them the date? If
>they want to know the date all they need to do is look in their Windows
>task bar. Figure out what the purpose of you page is and follow that
>purpose. On my screen I have 168mm of vertical space to see your
>content. USE IT. You realize you are using 35mm overall to advertise
>your hosting site, when you can change hosts, not have a banner and pay
>zero per month. At the bottom you are using 18mm for your e-mail address
>and for a website that isn't even the site we are on. Plus you have a
>bullet for the e-mail address on gmail, so why show it twice? Also after
>the DNA link you just have a bullet with no reason for it to be there.

I may be wrong but I think she is linking to a style sheet that is in
the wrong format which is why her menu and such is not working correctly.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

href="<view-source:http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mckemie/onenamestudy/francismakemie/view-source:http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/%7Emckemie/onenamestudy/CSS/newcss952010.txt>http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mckemie/onename

study/CSS/newcss952010.txt" />

external style sheet should end with .css rather than txt

pat

This thread: