Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2010-12 > 1293117348

From: "J.A. Florian" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Thanks Randy
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:15:48 -0500

Year's end maintenance on websites is so boring and often turns rather
tedious. The one task I dearly **hated** was having to go clear the
Guestbooks of all the "nasty" posts about "certain subjects" and endless
sp*mmy-uRLs. It used to feel more disgusting than cleaning public toilets.
I detested seeing those horrible posts there and felt these posts detracted
from the concept of the freepages sites when the sp*m contained the typical
s*x references. And, I often felt guilty I hadn't "cleaned" those pages
more often than I could/can do.

With heavy heart, I went today to clean -- expecting the usual nastiness. I
detested the task before I even finished typing my password.

But ---- What a surprise I had though! Both guestbooks were sparkling
*clean*. Either my books are harder to find this year (??).... or Randy
made some kind of filter (??) to block the nasty stuff from being posted.
Whichever it is, I'm happy. Instead of having to remove hundreds of "junk"
posts, I could simply read the pleasant comments and hear visitors feedback.

So I thought I'd say thanks to Randy for the all work he does -- even if my
surprise today was just a coincidence.

IF this change is the result of some kind of rootsweb filter in place now,
all I can say is
"Hooray!"

Happy Holidays,

Judy