Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2011-01 > 1295391158

From: "J.A. Florian" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] "Not authorized" as unlinked files
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:52:38 -0500

YES!! I found it! Returned Data #2 lorem ipsum dolor I'll take a look
at your code after dinner to see how you did it. I take it I could just use
some otherwise blank space to hide my files in that area?

Thank you! Now I'll be able to stop those pages from showing up under the
Unlinked Files in Reports.

Learn something new every day - LOL

Judy

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Barry Carlson <> wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:27 AM (UTC+13)
> Judy Florian wrote (in part);-
>

> Would there be a way to name the link a certain
>> phrase, or make the link itself more invisible or less noticeable to
>> visitors, so visitors would be less likely to click on said link? How
>> could I write "the link" so it doesn't show up as "a link"?
>>
>> Hope I've made sense in what I'm asking.
>>
>> My goal is simply to get those pages linked so Frontpage won't keep
>> reporting them as being "unlinked pages".
>>
> -------------------------------
>
> Judy,
>
> Links can be hidden in all kinds of places. All you need to do is that they
> display the same color as their surroundings. Your clue will be when the
> cursor pointer changes to a hand, and depending on your browser the url may
> show up in either the address bar or the status bar.
>
> A good place to hide links is plain text. Just select a letter, punctuation
> mark etc.. and make it a link. Ensure that it normally displays in the same
> style and color as the rest of the text, and the only clue will be if you
> run the cursor over it.
>
> There is a list of links in the following page. Three are visible, and one
> is not. The hidden one is not immediately after the 3rd, but effectively 3
> rows below. See if you can find it bearing in mind that it is only one space
> wide.
>
> http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~bristowe/hidden-link.html
>
> The links are to text files only.
>
> Barry