Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2011-02 > 1298047430

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] site setup and includes
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 05:43:50 +1300

Kim,

Got tied up yesterday, and when I finally got round to looking at it, it
was fairly late here. Well, you might say it is now early - 5:30am, but
here goes.

Without the background, I have your page sorted and it is at:-

http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bristowe/surnames/kim-m.html

Now it is going to take a little time to explain what has been done, but
you can download the CSS and try it yourself. Also, the surnames data
(except) the top anchor links is now an include. The anchors html had a
lot of square brackets and it wasn't liked by the SSI.

I'll send you a clean HTML file if you'd like it.

Barry

On 19/02/2011 4:41 a.m., Kim Mills wrote:
> Thanks Jill! That centered the header for me. I left the height as I had
> it but took out the width settings. The actual image I made is 1000px by
> 230px. So if I reduce the height it cuts off the image boarder. I would
> have to resize the image first. I'm eventually going to add some more txt
> or images to the header so I don't want it to small.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out why the text on the RM made pages wraps
> around under the sidebar. I think it's because RM isn't defining a content
> area/table to place it's text in. But I'm not sure how to fix that when it
> generates it's own pages...

This thread: