Freepages-Help-L Archives

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:52:54 -0400
References: <mailman.129.1303974024.30732.freepages-help@rootsweb.com>
In-Reply-To: <mailman.129.1303974024.30732.freepages-help@rootsweb.com>

I'm Glad I could help:)
On 4/28/11,
<> wrote:
> When replying to a digest message, quote only the specific message to which
> you are replying, removing the rest of the digest from your reply. Remember
> to change the subject of your reply so that it coincides with the message
> subject to which you are replying.
> ***FREEPAGES HELP & FAQ***
> &lt;http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/FAQ/fpindex.html>;
> Today's Topics:
> 1. Re: How to do watermarks?... and still need help tore-do
> buttons (J.A. Florian)
> 2. Text is all centered when Content should be left align(with
> CSS) (J.A. Florian)
> 3. Re: Text is all centered when Content should be left align
> (with CSS) (Patricia Geary)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 05:24:28 -0400
> From: "J.A. Florian" <>
> Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] How to do watermarks?... and still need help
> tore-do buttons
> To: "" <>,
> Message-ID: <BANLkTi=>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Thanks to everyone who sent me names of programs to do watermarks. I tried
> each and found I liked the one that Shani suggested off-list called PMNet
> Watermarkv2 from http://www.pmnet.info/watermark/ This program can put
> the marking 'all over' in the background and was easy to follow the step by
> step instructions on their webpage. I don't think it does diagonal markings
> but the horizontal ones look great. Thanks for the tip.
> Judy
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM, J.A. Florian <> wrote:
>> <snipped
>> Second, a University professor gave me permission to use 2 of his images.
>> But with the explicit instruction that I should add a watermark
>> identifying
>> the images as his.
>> I don't know how to add a watermark. Can anyone give me instructions? Is
>> there an easy way to do it?
>> Can it be diagonal but light so the image can still be seen?
> ------------------------------
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 05:46:24 -0400
> From: "J.A. Florian" <>
> Subject: [FreeHelp] Text is all centered when Content should be left
> align(with CSS)
> To: "" <>,
> Message-ID: <>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> I've run into a problem with my template but I'm not sure what I messed up.
> http://freepages.school-alumni.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~florian/the-rockdoctor/test-left-align.html
> I used the CSS from my "misc" page, changed the colors, and tried to enter
> content. This CSS is named rd.css
> If I recall correctly (?), Pat G. had said if I used p align="left" for
> content (and because it would appear before every line) that I would defeat
> the purpose of having CSS. So I used just <..p> without the dots and at the
> end of each paragraph I used </...p> without the dots.
> The result is everything from the on-page title inside the innermost area
> next to the navigation area being centered. Also not shown on this page
> but on some other pages, the content box on the right (middle of pagge) is
> carrying over the H1 font size from above the box area - where it has
> Test
> Sub Test
> Why is it doing that?
> My nav is in an _include so that file is set to left align, although without
> the nav _include inserted on this test page, the word "test" is centered in
> the left nav area on the page.
> I'm wondering if the problem might be missing divs? (just a guess, I'm not
> sure if my guess is right). I'm not real sure where to inseert div though
> -- where do the div and /div codes go? I tried inserting one div after the
> content ID and the page text then left aligned BUT then w3 validator
> complained so I'm wondering if my placement was wrong.
> Any ideas about what I did wrong? I'd like to fix this correctly.
> Btw, two years ago I got only a few correct on the 20-CSS questions at w3
> schools. I took that testagain yesterday and got 17/20 right. I've learned
> *some* I guess.
> Judy
> ------------------------------
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:31:24 -0400
> From: Patricia Geary <>
> Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Text is all centered when Content should be
> left align (with CSS)
> To: "J.A. Florian" <>, <>
> Message-ID: <>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
> At 05:46 AM 4/27/2011, J.A. Florian wrote:
>>I've run into a problem with my template but I'm not sure what I messed up.
>>http://freepages.school-alumni.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~florian/the-rockdoctor/test-left-align.html
>>I used the CSS from my "misc" page, changed the colors, and tried to enter
>>content. This CSS is named rd.css
> ===========
> Don't have time to do anything with it right now but you have some
> missing tags which you should fix. You can also try adding
> text-align: left; to the content area style rules. If no one else
> answers will look at it later.
> pat
> ------------------------------
> To contact the FREEPAGES-HELP list administrator, send an email to
> .
> To post a message to the FREEPAGES-HELP mailing list, send an email to
> .
> __________________________________________________________
> with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body
> of the
> email with no additional text.
> End of FREEPAGES-HELP Digest, Vol 6, Issue 100