Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2012-04 > 1335295676

From: Ronald Mesnard <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] FREEPAGES-HELP Digest, Vol 7, Issue 37
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:27:56 +0000

You worry too much. Although some technology does go by the wayside CDs will probably have a long life. I suspect for the foreseeable future html and CSS will be grandfathered in to browsers because of legacy sites. Fortunatly, Microsoft who has little reguard for legacy has little power in the web world. I suspect they will be in for a huge suprise because their new browser will not support a good bit of legacy sites. Keeping things simple and not using plug-ins is wise. I would go so far as to say I don't think all the falshy entertaining plug-ins have much place in an informational setting.
Someone stated Anglefire went down...
http://twentyfifthohio.angelfire.com/page5.html seems to work for me.

Often unbelievable treasures end up in the garbage when the genealogist/historian dies. I could tell you about losses I personally know of where even museum grade artifacts got tossed. Putting what you can on freepages is probably one of the best insurance you can do. Ancestry isn't going anywhere.

This topic is very timely for me. The favorite site involving one of my ancestors, hosted by the library of UCLA dropped it now I am going to try to re-create it except more to my liking.

This thread: