GA-FGS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-FGS > 2002-04 > 1018936190

From: "Janell Goss" <>
Subject: [GAFGS] PEAVY/PEVY/PEEVY --CHATHAM CO-? or EFFINGHAM CO-?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 0:54:40 -0500

Looking for details about Abraham PEAVY/PEVY, any spelling, & wife Lydia
SEAL/SEALE, with family of eight children, possibly in CHATHAM county
(could be EFFINGHAM), late 1700's to early 1800's. Thought to be in HANCOCK
Co later. By ca 1815-1818 Abraham & family, with other Peavys, migrated to
Butler Co AL. Abraham was a Revolutionary War soldier serving in the NC
Line, & was born in Orange Co, NC.
This family included my gr gr grandfather, Michael (sometimes
misspelled McHail) b. ca 1800, somewhere in GA. Michael married ca
1826-1830 Hetty W. HADEN/HAYDEN/HADDEN, b. ca 1810, somewhere in GA. Don't
know if they married in GA or AL. Other children of Abraham & Lydia are
thought to be: Eli, Davy or Daniel(?), Hilvy, Hiram, Thomas, Nancy, &
Vicey, birth order not known.
Would like any information about the parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.
of both Abraham & Lydia Seale Peavy. Does anyone know who were the first
in these family lines to come to the colonies? When did they come, & where
from?
Even the smallest clues would be appreciated!! Thanks for your time!
Janell

--- J J G
---
--- Genealogists--We Confuse the Dead & Irritate the Living !

This thread: