GA-NATIVEAMERICANS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-NATIVEAMERICANS > 2003-10 > 1066423171

Subject: Re: BILL SIMMONS,JAMES SIMMONS,LUTITIA LILLY
Date: 17 Oct 2003 14:39:31 -0600

Surnames: Simmons, Lilly, Kell, Ralston, Monroe, Duncan
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Rd.2ADI/804.1

Message Board Post:

Hi, Elise. I found your post and thought I would send you what I have. I remembered that the names "Lilly" and "Simons" were distantly in my line and I tracked down what I had on these. Perhaps this will be a piece of your puzzle:
Alexander Kell and Emily Duncan had several children in Indian Territory East, two of which I think MIGHT connect with your line. These daughters would have been born in Warwoman Dell, which is now in Rabun County, GA. They later moved to Elijay, Gilmer County, GA
Rebecca Kell b. abt. 1810 married Samuel Simons b. abt. 1800. The children of Rebecca Kell and Samuel Simons are:
(1) John Ross Simons b. 1835; d. bef 1896 he married Martha
Emeline Fields b. 6-26-1840, Del. Dist. CNW
(2) Nancy Ann Simons b. abt. 1838 m. 1st to Jesse
McCreary and 2nd to Jesse Jones
(3) Elizabeth Adeline Simons b. abt. 1840; d. bef. 1896
(4) Samuel Newell Simons b. abt. 1842; d. bef. 1896
(5) William Simons b. abt. 1844; d. bef. 1896
(6) Martha Cherokee Simons b. abt. 1844; d. bef. 1896

Rebecca Kell was on the 1851 Old Settler Roll: Delaware, 15 as Rebecca Simmons (1896 pg. 122) Clan: Ani'-Kawi' = Deer Clan (Ga-Ho-Ga).

The other daughter of Alexander Kell and Emily Duncan that I thought you might be interested in was Nannie Kell b. abt. 1816. She married twice, first to George Murray and had a daughter named Cynthia Murry b. abt. 1840; d. bef. 1896. The second husband was William Lilly. William Lilly and Nannie Kell had a daughter named Letitia Caroline Lilly b. 1842 and died between 1880-1895. Letitia was also the name of Alexander Kell's mother.

My ancestor from Alexander Kell and Emily Duncan was Elizabeth Kell b. 1812. She married Lewis Ralston b. 1804. I have quite a bit of information on all of my ancestors, but only this on the Simons and Lillys. I hope it helps. One last thing: I also have Monroe relatives and all of my Ralstons, Monroes and Kells also ended up in Delaware Dist. CNW.

I hope to hear back from you. Kelly Hogue

This thread: