GABRYAN-L Archives

Archiver > GABRYAN > 2009-09 > 1252249785

From: "Sandie Harn " <>
Subject: Re: [GABRYAN] Will Help Bryan Co. Inqueries
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:09:45 -0400

Dear Mack, Since I have Butlers in my Harn family, I did a little research
to see if there was a connection and this is what I found. Ancestry has his
father as a possible Jesse Butler only because Jesse fit the time frame
not proven. However I found John Butler 67, born in NC, living in Liberty
Co. GA next to Jesse b. 1815 in the 1850 census. John was married to Sarah
64, also born in NC. There children were John b. 1826, George b.1832 and
James b. 1834. Jefferson b. 1802 could also be a son(NOT PROVEN). Also there
is a James Madison Butler b. 1806 buried near Jefferson that could be a
brother to Jefferson. Birth sites for Jefferson and James are given as
Ga. NC and Va. So this is a hard shell to crack. I hope this helps but
I do not think Jesse is the father only the son of John b. 1783 in NC.
There are many Butlers in Sampson Co. NC and this may be the connection.
The probate records in this area need to be searched. Sorry I could not
be of any help. Sandie Harn