GAEMANUE-L Archives

Archiver > GAEMANUE > 2004-07 > 1090020215

From: "Olivia" <>
Subject: Re: [GAEMANUE-L] COBB/McCULLOUGH
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:23:38 -0400

Sandra, I don't have proof of this, but it's possible Lucinda was the second
wife of Lewis Cobb, Jr., son of Lewis Cobb and Mary Berryhill. Lewis Cobb,
Jr., born about 1820, married Nancy C. Hamilton September 27, 1853,
Montgomery County, GA, daughter of Josiah Hamilton and Mary "Polly" Poole.
Lewis and Nancy had three children: Nathan, Mary, and Nancy Amanda. I don't
have the exact date of death for Nancy, but her father's Will, written
October 7, 1868, states:
"Item 4th. I give and bequeath to the children of Nancy Cobb two hundred
and fifty-nine dollars and fifty cents to make them equal to my son Josiah."
This proves Nancy died before October of 1868, and since Lucinda McCullough
Cobb's first child, Elizabeth, was born about 1864, it's likely Nancy had
died prior to1863 and Lewis and and Lucinda were married at that time.
Certainly more research needed here.
Olivia