GAFORSYT-L Archives

Archiver > GAFORSYT > 2000-02 > 0951694191

From: <>
Subject: [GAFORSYT-L] Roll Call
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:29:51 EST

My name is Lisa Kingery.
I have several Surnames that I'm researching in Forsyth Co., GA.
LEE, SELF, BROOKS, BRANNON, DAVIS, STEPHENS. Most of my ancestor line has
connection in Forsyth Co., GA.

As for the Lee line:
Thomas J. LEE b. 1855 d. 1933/1934 married Mary SELF b. 1854
2nd marriage to Massuri Rogers...
children from marriage 1st marriage;
James Albert LEE, Louise LEE, Emily LEE, Henry LEE

James Albert LEE (my g-grandfather) married Martha M. SELF b. 1888 d. est.
1918-1925 (daughter of John C. SELF and Emily HUDSON)
Children from marriage;
Harvey Millard LEE, Lou Ranzy (Ramsey) LEE, Louie LEE, Harley Clay LEE, James
Emory LEE, A.J. LEE, Evertee died as infant...
Earnest Emmerson LEE b. 1918 in Forsyth Co., GA d. Jun. 19, 1986 in Cobb Co.,
GA (my grandfather) married Ruth Arlene BROOKS b. Jun 13, 1922 (Daughter of
John Riley BROOKS and Lou Etta BRANNON)
their children are
Marshall Emerson LEE, Thomas Morris LEE, and Mailan Louise LEE all born in
Forsyth Co., GA.
Mailan Louise LEE is my mother.

BROOKS line:
Rueben N. BROOKS married to Iriener (possibly Irene)BERNNETT (Possibly
BENNETT or BARNETT)They lived in Forsyth Co., Ga.
There son (my g- grandfather) was
John Riley BROOKS b. 1875 d. June 1969 married to Lou Etta BRANNON b. 1879
(daughter of James Columbus BRANNON and Mary Ann BICE)
children were:
Mary Marie BROOKS b1915 d. Feb 2000, Eva BROOKS, Amy BROOKS, Harley BROOKS,
Robert Columbus BROOKS, Elmer BROOKS, Dessie BROOKS died as an infant.
Ruth Arlene BROOKS b. 1922 (my grandmother)

Some of ancestors are buried at Sharon Baptist Church in Forsyth Co., Ga.

DAVIS line;
my gg-grandfather William (Samuel?) DAVIS. I don't have any other info about
him except his son (my G-grandfather) was
James Calvin DAVIS (b.est.1890-1895 d.abt 1942) married Mattie (Martha)
Ophelia STEPHENS b. abt 1895 d.1963 (daughter of Charlie (Charles STEPHENS)
They married 14 Jun 1909 in Forsyth Co., Ga.
and they had several children.

William David DAVIS (once lived in Chickamauga, GA last Known residence
Geneva, Al)
John N. DAVIS Chickamagua, GA abt1966
J.C. DAVIS , Edwin DAVIS (Both J.C. and Edwin lived in Alpharetta GA at one
time around 1966), Pauline(DAVIS ) CHADWICK, Ruby (DAVIS )
PRITCHETT , Dorothy (Dot)DAVIS
Ollie Roosevelt DAVIS b. 2 April 1910 d. 19 Jul 1978 born in Milton Co.... GA
(I think now is Forsyth Co.. GA) married Mary Ann CLOER b. Dec. 1, 1909 d.
1997 (daughter of William Leland CLOER, and Lillie Gertrude McHan)

I think that about covers most of my ancestors in Forsyth. I'm sure there are
more, I'm still looking. If anyone has connections to any of these surnames
please contact me.
Thanks and have a nice day,
Lisa Kingery

This thread: