GAFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > GAFRANKL > 2000-06 > 0960906964

From: "Dawn Henderson" <>
Subject: Fanny Allen/Hezekiah Pruitt and the McNeals
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:36:04 -0400

It appears that Fanny Allen's mother is Sally McGregor who married a Morgan after the death of her first husband. Sally had a sister named Lucy McGregor who was first married to Daniel McNeal. (They had sons Henry and John and possibly a James, and they resided in Franklin Co., GA. Later, as boundary lines changed they were in Jackson and then Hall County.) In 1807 Lucy married Michael Walden [sic] in Franklin Co., GA. When Michael Walden died, his will was witnessed by Hezekiah Pruitt who lived close by.

Daniel McNeal witnessed a deed of gift (1802) to Fanny Allen from her grandmother, Frances "Fanny" McGregor Villetoe. After Daniel's death and Lucy's remarriage, Michael Walling paid taxes for Fanny Allen since she was a minor. I suspect she lived with Michael, Lucy, Henry and John.

The tie between Lucy, Sally and Frances Videtoe is given in a will left by James McGrigor in which he names his two sisters and his mother.

I'll be glad to share the information I have with you or with any McNeal researchers in hope that more will join the hunt.

Dawn