GAGENWEB-L Archives

Archiver > GAGENWEB > 2004-08 > 1092290172

From: "Jeanne Arguelles" <>
Subject: Re: [BY-LAWS] Membership
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:56:12 -0500

> Ok, my outline included "loss of membership" in this section. Any ideas of
> how best to include that, and what should result in loss of membership?

Well, just to get us started... what are some things that would cause loss
of membership? Just some thoughts:

1) Abandoned county (abandonment would need to be defined)

2) Failure to adhere to the site requirements after a specifed number of
warnings.

Hypothetical question: What if I do a great job with one of my counties,
but my other county is abandoned or doesn't follow the site requirements?
Would I just lose the one county, and still be a coordinator (and thus a
member) for my other county?

I ask this because... I wonder if we should first define what would cause
someone to lose a specific county or special project they coordinate. If
they no longer coordinate *any* counties/sps, then it would logically follow
that they are no longer a member.

Does that make sense, or am I complicating things? :)

Jeanne

This thread: