GAGWINNE-L Archives

Archiver > GAGWINNE > 2007-06 > 1182298742

From: "Max Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [GAGWINNE] Thompson Moore
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:19:02 -0400

I have some information "I think", but will be the week-end before I can go
through my material. I did have this on the top of my desk which was
compiled about 40 years ago by an old aunt (now deceased) of my wife. This
is taken exactly as the aunt wrote it under the children of Thompson Moore.
"James Walker Moore b: 7/23/1789, P SC, Sherry Niehaus and Laura Layton
furnished information on this line. Buried in Liberty Hill Missionary
Baptist Cemetery. His grave was moved to the family plot (Russell B Moore
plot) in Auburn, Gwinnett, Georgia. The Liberty Hill MB Cemetery was also
known as 'Mooneyham-Moore-Harbin Cem.' He married Ann Moore." Also some of
your dates concerning Thompson doesn't agree with hers but who knows? Also
the Niehaus and Layton ladies mentioned above must have been of the lineage
of James Walker Moore to furnish the information. I would be interested in
sharing any information on this line of Moores with anyone.

Max Smith

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly, Leave the rest to
God.