GALAUREN-L Archives

Archiver > GALAUREN > 2003-01 > 1043439874

Subject: [[GALAUREN]] John Pittman -- 1790-1820? Laurens County Georgia
Date: 24 Jan 2003 13:24:34 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Zc.2ADI/1500

Message Board Post:

Searching for anyone who knows the identity of JOHN PITTMAN who married Elizabeth Phillips in 1815 Laurens County, Georgia. He was also shown in the 1821 Georgia Land Lottery.

Also searching for the identity of a second JOHN PITMAN of Laurens County, Ga...possible Father to the other one.This man was listed in the 1820 Laurens County census and was over 45 years old at that time. He had a large family and
lived in MILTON's Military DISTRICT which I believe was in the northwestern portion of Laurens county.

Also searching for anyone who knows the Georgia Military District Names (i.e, "Milton's) that corresponded to the Military District numbers. I have a map showing numbers but no names attached.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Charlie Pittman

This thread: