GALEE-L Archives

Archiver > GALEE > 2006-02 > 1140659186

From: "Ollie Williams" <>
Subject: Re: [GALEE] Lee County Insolvent list 1866 and 1867
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:49:43 -0500

Jan,
Thanks for your reply. I was excited when I saw the name of Shadrack
Wright. I later realized that my Shade would have been only ten years old.
Shade was a land owner in Lee Co in 1878. I believe that Shadrack could
have been Shade's father or uncle. I have been unable to find my ggfather's
real name. We only know him as "Buddy" Wright. As the old story goes,
"Buddy" was shot to death in Lee Co. The reason that he was killed is
anyone's guess. He owned land, a cotton gin and a store.
Ollie