GALEE-L Archives

Archiver > GALEE > 2007-06 > 1182568236

From: "" <>
Subject: [GALEE] Jester - Heisler
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 03:10:36 -0000

Author: vvgbsn611
Surnames: Heisler - Jester
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.lee/472/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

In the 1830 and 1840 census for Lee County, the Nathan Jester family was found. My James Heisler family is also from Lee County. Both families migrated to Coosa County, Ala. and show up in 1850 census. James is married to Telitha Jester, brother William H is married to her sister Mary Caroline and when Mary Caroline and Telitha die, Sarah Jane, a third daughter marries James and raises all three sets of children (hers with James, Telitha's and Mary Carolines. Can anyone suggest where I might look to find info on these two families prior to 1849?
Is there a book on families? tax records or anything? I am having trouble finding printed material on this county.

Important Note: