GARABUN-L Archives

Archiver > GARABUN > 2009-10 > 1256657665

From: Gerre Byrd <>
Subject: Re: [GARABUN] GARABUN Digest, Vol 4, Issue 19
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:34:25 -0400
References: <c22.6cb2ec66.3817d130@aol.com><d1073acd0910270816m666219dciaa15fc5e945f06ec@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To: <d1073acd0910270816m666219dciaa15fc5e945f06ec@mail.gmail.com>

Thank you so much for sharing your info with us. I don't have either of
the guys in my database. If you happen to have a general time frame,
that may help. I do have a Sarah J. FAULKNER who married David CARNES.
And an "unknown" BRADY who married Bettie MOORE. Bettie was the sister
of my Millie MOORE who married Jeremiah BURTON. So you must be very close.

Gerre

Mrs.Kelley Forrester wrote:
> I decided to check on my family tree,especially since I have alot of family
> in and near Rabun County. I found a Murphy K. Burton married to a Reba
> Faulkner,and a Richard Burton married to a Tammy Brady. That's really all I
> know about them. Murphy Burton would have been in the Hall County area
> though,I think,because that's where all my husband's Faulkner's were
> from,and Richard Burton is in the Toccoa area.
> Kelley Lawrence Forrester
> http://kataybug41.tribalpages.com
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:29 AM, <> wrote:
>> I'm looking into the Burtons in my family Tree now. I have Jeremiah J
>> Burton, b:1814 D: 1903 had 6 children. Can't identify his parents.
>> I also have a Cloe I. Burton B: 1873, D: 1948, who married Thomas Grant.
>> She was living in Seneca, S.C. at the time of her death, . Her children
>> apparently had her buried beside her husband in Ga. because the buriel was
>> several weeks after her death and her death certificate shows she was to be
>> buried in Ga.
>> We just returned from Church and I'm rather tired, so think I'll wait until
>> tomorrow and see if my brain will behave a little better after a rest!
>> I do not have a copy of Edley Powell's will. .I've tried to find it, but so
>> far, no luck. His daughter Arsenia married my Great Grand father, Marcus
>> King, and I do have a copy of his will. I'll be back in touch within a few
>> days after I have time to look thru my "stuff"
>> Do you have a copy of Andrew Ritchi's book "Sketches of Rabun Co,?
>> It has a lot of info on a lot of families.
>> Betty
>> In a message dated 10/26/2009 4:15:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> writes:
>> Betty, I'd loved to know if your POWELL line includes any BURTONS.
>> You've probably already noted in one of the POWELL wills where Jacob
>> BURTON is mentioned. It appears to say that Jacob is an "heir"; but I
>> have no proof of that their was a family connection.
>> Gerre
>> wrote:
>>> Thanks, I think I've got what I needed.
>>> Appreciate!!
>>> Betty
>>> In a message dated 10/26/2009 4:02:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>>> writes:
>>> Betty:
>>>
>>> The "compensation" for her extra work is the only private discussion
>> I'm
>>> asking of Dawn. Dawn would have no reason to work up a paper with more
>>> extensive information on those listed in the tax index, and only share
>>> it with me. So don't concern yourself for another minute.
>>> Gerre
>>> [mailto:] On
>>>> Behalf Of
>>>> Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 12:31 PM
>>>> To:
>>>> Subject: Re: [GARABUN] GARABUN Digest, Vol 4, Issue 19
>>>>
>>>> Pardon for my in put, but I hope y'all don't get too private to share
>>> what
>>>> Dawn finds on the 1836 list.. I have a grt, grt grandfather on that
>>> same
>>>
>>>> tax list and was looking forward to seeing what may be there for
>> Edley
>>>> Powell.
>>>>
>>>> Dawn, will your indexing be shown on the web?
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Betty
>>>> In a message dated 10/26/2009 12:39:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>>>> writes:
>>>> Dawn, I'll be so grateful for any help you can provide. Email me
>>>> privately so we can discuss compensation.
>>>>
>>>> I guess you mean the original list was torn and taped. Thank you so
>>> much
>>>
>>>> for letting me know, Dawn. I'll look forward to seeing the
>> information
>>>
>>>> on the BURTONS from the 1836 Tax List.
>>>> Gerre
>>>> Dawn Watson wrote:
>>>>> Gerre,
>>>>>
>>>>> Bad news: the reason that name is indecipherable is because there's
>> a
>>>> piece
>>>>
>>>>> of paper taped over it (it was either microfilmed or copied that
>>> way).
>>>> All
>>>>
>>>>> that shows is the last name. There may be a way around that,
>> however;
>>>> I'm
>>>>
>>>>> indexing the early Superior Court minutes, and those may act as a
>>>>> substitute. I'm only up to 1833 at the moment (it's really slow
>>> going),
>>>> but
>>>>
>>>>> will let you know if I run across anything on the Burtons.
>>>>> In the meanwhile, I'll get copies of the Burton information from
>> the
>>>> 1836
>>>>
>>>>> tax digest to you.
>>>>> Dawn
>>>>> Dawn, you wrote, "Just out of curiosity, after James withdrew from
>>> the
>>>>>
>>>>>> First Baptist Church in Franklin, did he move to another church?
>>>>>> I wish I knew. I've not been able to follow him yet. I suspect he
>> and
>>>>>> Susannah are the ones selling property in Edgefield Co. SC in
>> 1798.
>>>> This
>>>>
>>>>>> would make a lot of sense in view of all my other findings.
>>>>>> I'll look forward to seeing that page, Dawn. I'm going to try all
>>> the
>>>
>>>>>> "tricks of the trade" to try to read it.
>>>>>> Gerre
>>>>> -------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>> the
>>>> quotes
>>>> in the subject
>>>> and the body of the message
>>>> -------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>> the
>>>> quotes
>>>> in the subject and
>>>> the body of the message
>>>> -------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>> quotes
>>>
>>>> in the subject and the body of the message
>>>> -------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>>>
>>> quotes in the subject and
>>>> the body of the message
>>>> -------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject
>>> and the body of the message
>>> -------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and
>>> the body of the message
>>> -------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject
>> and the body of the message
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and
>> the body of the message
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message