GARDNER-L Archives

Archiver > GARDNER > 2002-03 > 1015732032

Subject: [GARDNER] Re: James Fones Gardner
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:47:12 EST

Hi Judy,
I do the Gardner Surname Project for Massachusetts and had put together the
information I had found on this James - I just added the additional
information you sent on him. Don't know if your had this information but
hope it might be of help.
Sue Gardner
Leominster, MA
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/SueG476/Gardner2.html">Gardner Surname Project for Massachusetts</A>

1. JAMES FONES1 GARDNER was born Abt. 1819, 1850 Census says b. Ohio, a. 31,
occupation - carpenter, value of real estate $600. He married SARAH AMELIA
MULFORD 1846 in Albany County, New York. She was born abt. 1817, 1850 Census
says b. NY, a. 33, lists 1 ch. Marsha (A.?) a. 2.

Children of JAMES GARDNER and SARAH MULFORD are:
i. MARCIA ANN2 GARDNER, b. November 22, 1847, Fitchburg, Worcester, MA,
aka Marsha, Marshy, Martia (Source: Fitchburg Records.); m. ALFRED STEPHEN
HOUGHTON, September 22, 1869, Manhattan, Kansas; b. October 25, 1845 (Source:
Holmans in America.).
ii. LEWIS JAMES GARDNER, b. October 11, 1849, Fitchburg, Worcester, MA
(Source: Fitchburg Records.); d. February 17, 1850, Fitchburg, Worcester, MA,
a. 4 m 6 d (Source: Fitchburg Records.).
iii. MARY EMELINE GARDNER, b. February 17, 1851, Fitchburg, Worcester,
MA (Source: Fitchburg Records.).
iv. GEORGE B. GARDNER, b. April 18, 1853, Fitchburg, Worcester, MA
(Source: Fitchburg Records.).
v. CHARLES HENRY GARDNER, b. October 27, 1855, Fitchburg, Worcester, MA
(Source: Fitchburg Records.).

In a message dated 3/9/2002 9:04:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:24:08 EST
> Subject: [GARDNER] James F.Gardner
>
> It has been quiet. I have been searching for the following:
>
> James Fones Gardner, born 1818, Ohio, father born Rhode Island, name
> unknown,
> mother possibly Anne Ireland, born New York.
> James married Sarah Amelia Mulford, 1846, at Newtonville Methodist Church,
> Albany County, New York.
> Find them next at Fitchburg, Worcester County, Massachusetts, on the 1850
> census.
> James served in the MA 25th Vol. Infantry from 1861-1865 - enlisted when he
>
> was 43 years old.
> Finally ended up in Manhattan, Riley County, Kansas.
>
> Any help with this Gardner line appreciated!
>
> Judy

This thread: