GARLAND-L Archives

Archiver > GARLAND > 2000-12 > 0977030359

Subject: [GARLAND-L] Garland Most Wanted Part 2
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:19:19 EST

**** Garland Most Wanted Dec 2000 Part II ****

Harriett Garland born May 1851 in Carter Co., TN. Her parents
were Pryor Garland and Peggy Margaret Massingail. Harriett had
at least four children. Hilt and Peggy are the only known
ones. Seeking information on the other children as well as
Harriett's mate Cager Fields. Harriett and her daughter Peggy
were living with son Hilt in Clay Co., KY during the 1900 census.
(Donna Elliott)

Henry Garland. I am researching my family history. I go
back to 18 may 1832 with the birth of Henry Edwin Garland.
His mother was Mary Bell and father Edwin Potter. Mr Potter
died at sea and Mary married Henry Garland. The child took
the name of his stepfather. He then married Margaret Coffey
on 14 October 1856. She was the daughter of John Coffey and
Helen Glasheen (both Irish). Does this link up with anything
that anyone knows? This is all London based as far as I know.
Also is there a good forum for Garland UK research?
(Phil Garland)

Henry Garland born 1817 in Lyme Regis and married to Sarah.
They married in Ringwood in 1844. We also went to the IGI
for Dorset and discovered that Henry's parents were James and
Jane Garland . Henry was bapitised on 6/5/1817 in Combe
Street Independent Chapel, Lyme Regis. He also had a sister,
Susan Silk Garland (as in his son, Thomas Silk Garland), who
was baptised in the same chapel on 2/5/1818. (In the same
chapel was a family of half a dozen kids with parents Joseph
and Sally Garland. I would almost bet that Joseph and James
were brothers, but have no evidence yet.)
(Stephanie Stokes)

James Garland. Trying to find any info on a James Garland
born between 1850-1860. As far as I know he lived in Western
Kentucky or West Tennessee. Have been unable to find this
particular James Garland. He would be my Great Grandfather.
My grandfather was John Lee Garland Sr. b. 10/13/1880 maybe
in Kentucky d. 12/20/1941 Jackson, TN. James Garland had a
wife name Lizzie. Any help you can provide would be helpful.
(Lee Garland)

James Garland. He was father of Peregrine Garland
(b. 1775 Maryland or Del.). Peregrine married 1st. Sarah South
& 2nd Margaret Davis around 1806 Clermont Co., Ohio.
Peregrine had Jesse T. Garland who married 15 Oct 1841 in
Warren Co., In. to Eleanor Jones. Father James Garland was
born possibly in Del. or Maryland probably before 1755.
Sound familar to anyone????
(Judy Baker)

** James Garland. (See William James Garland)
James G. Garland. Look for information on James G.
GARLAND died Bradford, Yorkshire, England in 1925.
(Tom Hocklet)

James A. 'Jim' Garland. He was born on 4/13/1877 in Tennessee
(county unknown) and died in June 1951. I haven't a clue as to the
identity of his parents. On July 14, 1920 he married Martha Edith
LINEBACK in Caruthersville, Pemiscot County, MO. They had
3 children before he went to prison at the Louisiana State Penitentiary
in Angola, LA for killing a man who was robbing his whiskey still.
Rumor has it he had a brother named George who lived in the St.
Louis, MO area. Can you help me with my mystery????? I'm
putting my URL below. In the photo album that is part of my web
site, I have a picture of James. Please check it out and see if there's
a resemblance to anyone you know.
(Sandra Tipton)
http://thetiptons.rootsweb.com

Jesse Garland. I am researching Jesse GARLAND, (b) abt
1760 in Halifax Co. NC and (d) abt 1830 in Henderson Co. TN. He
(m) Sarah ? in NC abt 1783. It is believed that he is the son
of Richard C. GARLAND. (See also Elisha, Felix and Josephus
GARLAND)
(Hilda Jones)

Jesse GARLAND. Jesse was born ca 1760 in Halifax, NC.,
Believed to be the brother of Elisha Garland who was married
to Lucy Reeves. There is a possibility that Jesse was married
to Lucy 's sister Sarah Reeves. Jesse and Elisha and their
families were together in Pendelton, S.C. in 1790 where they
both owned land. They both came to Davidson Co. Tn.
around 1800. Elisha & Lucy lived in Davidson Co., Tn.until
their deaths. Jesse & Sarah moved to Henderson Co. Tn. by
1830 as they were listed on the 1830 census.It is believed they
died in Henderson Co., Tn.. between 1835 & 1845. Possible
children of Jesse & Sarah were Charlotte, Dorcas, Sarah,
Elisha, Patsy, Nancy, Elizabeth, Samuel, Felix, & Jesse A
Garland. The 1840 HendersonCo. census list the families
of Patsy Garland Huie, Elizabeth Garland Leonard, Nancy
Garland Lovell, & Sarah Garland Lovell. The 1840 Calloway
Co. Ky census lists Felix, Jesse A and Davidson Garland.
Seeking information on Jesse & Sarah (Reeves ?) Garland
who were married about 1781 possibly in east Tenn.
Records place him in Washington Co. Tn.in August 1782.
(Harry Garland)

This thread: