GARMAN-L Archives

Archiver > GARMAN > 2001-03 > 0984427615

From: sue barr <>
Subject: Garmans of Dauphin County
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:06:55 -0800

Is anyone else researching this family? Perhaps you could help me.

I am looking for the names of 3 of the 11 children of George and Rebecca
(Bitzer) Garman. George and Rebecca were from Lancaster County and
moved to just outside of Harrisburg when they married in 1804. At the
time of George's death in 1841, he owned 3 farms and a distillery near
Harrisburg. The known names of their children were:

Heinrich (Henry), born 1806 - married Rebecca Groff
Jacob, born 1809 - married Mary Brightbill/Brechtbill
George, born 1811
Michael, born 1813
Margarita Catarina, born 1816
John, born 1818
Daniel , 1820-1907 (this is our ancestor)-married Louisa Schroyer in
1857 and moved
to Bellefonte in 1860. Built Garman
Opera House. I have lots of
info on this branch.
Samuel, born 1821 - married Mary A. ? and had at least 3 children
(George P.,
John P., William Henry who married
Harriet E. Arrowsmith).
*Samuel was a jeweller in Jersey Shore
male child, born 1825 to 1830
female child, born 1830-1835
unknown child

If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sue

This thread: