GASCREVE-L Archives

Archiver > GASCREVE > 2007-11 > 1194212989

From: margaret kimbro <>
Subject: Re: [GASCREVE] Looking for Joyner/Joiner Family History
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:49:49 -0800 (PST)

Clary ( Clarrissa) Bragg ( John ,Elijah, William, William, John,William) b. 1813 d. 1848 ??
married Sept.23,1837
William Joyner b. 1814 Probably a son of Thomas Joiner and Susan Burke of Burke County who are related back to my Joyner Mother.
children:
John A Joyner 1840-1930 Sarah Frances Cubbage
Willaim B. Joyner 1842-1855 ? Margaret S. Platt
Elizabeth Joyner 1844 William S.Roberts
Rosa A Joyner 1845
Thomas Joyner 1846 Elizabeth Dickey
Clarissa Joyner 1848
2nd Married Owen Jenkins???

Mary A. Bragg ( John , William, William, John, William) b. Nov.1832 d.1900
married Apr 26, 1849
William Joyner
children:
David Joyner 1850-1936 Sarah A. Bell
Mary Joyner 1852
Sarah A Joyner 1853
Eleanor Joyner 1855
Norman Joyner 1858
Jane Joyner 1860 Patrick Friel
James Henry Joyner 1866 Ida E.Lee
Minnie Joyner 1879
*** All decendants will continue under Both Sisters together since they are all Brothers and sisters through William

*******Tommy, this is a strange. Some of us researchers of the Bragg think that Wm Joyner married two Bragg sisters. Also Owen Jenkins married a Clary Bragg.
I have Clary and Wm married on Sept 23, 1837. He was br 1817 and not sure of when he died.
I have added David as being 5/12 months old when the 1850 census was taken.
I have Mary A Bragg married Wm Joyner on April 26, 1849.
So I stand corrected and will take David off and put him with Mary A and Wm Joyner.
Margaret

"Newton, Thomas" <> wrote: Hey Margaret and everyone -

Quick question, the children of William and Clary Bragg JOYNER - I did not have that youngest child, "David". You have birth date as 1850 - but, Clary died in 1848. Was there a second wife of William? Thanks for clarification if you can. T.

Tommy Newton