GASUMTER-L Archives

Archiver > GASUMTER > 2001-05 > 0990577135

From: Eric Winslette <>
Subject: [GASUMTER] Jordan Cook
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:18:55 -0600

Posted on: Sumter County Queries
Reply Here: http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/USA/Ga/Sumter/10308

Surname: COOK, MATHIS
-------------------------

Ken,

I saw your posting which included a Jordan Cook, son of Nathaniel for Sumter
County and thought you might be interested in my ggrandfather Jordan C.
Cook b: 1815 and married to Martha A. Mathis sometime before 1840. Jordan
had 13 children (I think he also married again in Schley County on July
6, 1864 to a Sarah ?). Here are the children:

Thomas W. born circa 1840
Eliza A born circa 1842
James M born circa 1845
Nathaniel born circa 1847
Sarah; born circa 1849.
Ferdinand born circa 1852
Ophelia; born circa 1854
White born circa 1856
Martha born circa 1857
Ellen born circa 1859
Richard born circa 1861
Jack Robert born 18 Nov 1861 in Sumter County, GA
Ida born circa 1863

Since Jordan had a son named Nathaniel, I thought he might either be the
Jordan you are looking for or his grandfather. Let me know if you are interested,
and I'll try to share with you all I know. Jack Robert was one
of my ggrandfathers as well, so I have a little more info on him.

Eric

This thread: