GATELFAI-L Archives

Archiver > GATELFAI > 2002-10 > 1034453279

Subject: Re: Lowery and Studstill Of Dodge, Telfair Co. in Ga.
Date: 12 Oct 2002 14:08:44 -0600

Surnames: Lowery, Burkhalter, Hutto
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Ad.2ADI/989.1.1.1.2.1

Message Board Post:

I am researching Bryan Lowery who is the half brother of India Lowery. According to the 1900 Census, they are living with "widow Ann Lowery". I've been trying to piece together the fragments of this family from Milan for a long time.

Bryan, we think, is my husband's grandfather. We believe he married Mary Graham in Telfair County first, and she died leaving two sons. Then Bryan remarried Annie Burkhalter in Wilcox Co, in 1911, but lived and died in Milan, Georgia.

How is this Lowery family connected to the Studstills? Is Joseph O. Lowery the son of Elijah Jackson Lowery and Susan Studstill?

I found a Joseph Lowery who married Susannah Parker in Telfair County 02 Jan 1882. Did she die, and then he remarried Annie b. abt 1870 who is listed as "widow" in the 1900 Telfair census? Please help me out with this Lowery mystery!
Jan

This thread: