GATWIGGS-L Archives

Archiver > GATWIGGS > 2006-06 > 1150984717

From: Doris <>
Subject: [GATWIGGS] Ephraim Liles, South Carolina Revolutionary War soldier and settler in Twiggs County
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:58:37 -0700 (PDT)

Do you know the names of his children? I saw Ephraim and Akilly in Twiggs census but did not know the connection between them or Hampton. For some reason Hampton was indexed as Sisle while Akilly and Ephraim were Lisle or Liles, the handwriting was very fluid with lots of swirls.

I copied the rev papers for Ephraim when I copied John Lyles rev papers but they really didn't help me link Hampton to anyone. John has been linked to Ephraim (or an Ephraim) as grandson.

I saw that Ephraim and Akilly seemed to stay in Twiggs while Hampton moved to AL (Barbour then Butler counties) John married Sally Ada/Ady in Jefferson County GA and moved to Covington Co AL, Sherwood/Cherwood/Sherrod/Sherd also went from Jefferson to Covington. Cassius, another son attributed to John was in Butler Co AL and named a son Hampton. Hampton was born 1806 in GA

There is a Liles/or Lisle(memory fails me now) in LA and then Lyles/Liles in VanZant TX. Hampton is said to have left AL for TX.

My line, son William, married Sarah Elizabeth Highsmith in Butler AL and stayed in AL

Was Hampton born in Twiggs? Did Hamp marry in Twiggs? any siblings in Twiggs
Did Ephraim go from SC to Twiggs GA

Any suggestions for researching in Twiggs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doris in AL
grandfather Arthur Liles AL
Madison Liles/Lyles AL
William Liles/Lyles GA
Hampton Liles/Lyles/Lisle GA

wrote:

Surnames: Liles, or Lyles
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/5d.2ADE/577

Message Board Post:

Does anyone have any information on Ephraim Liles, or Lyles, from South Carolina, who served in the Revolution and later settled in Twiggs County? He died at around 100 in about 1854. he had nine children. I am descended from one of them.
Thanks,
Clayton Allen