GAWILKES-L Archives

Archiver > GAWILKES > 2001-05 > 0990835242

From: "Lewis M. Davis" <>
Subject: GGGG Grandfather Davis
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:00:42 -0600

Posted on: Wilkes Co. Ga Queries
Reply Here: http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/USA/Ga/Wilkes/10829

Surname: Davis
-------------------------

My GGGG Grandfather Col. William Davis moved from Virginia, to Wilkes County
after the revolution - before 1800. He had a son, Charles Davis who moved
with him, and my record only shows that Charles married and had two children
who were likely born in Wilkes County. Charles was born in 1788 in
Mecklenburg County, VA. Other of William's children were
Edward B.,born cira 1770 and William, cira 1772. I do not
know if these two moved to GA. The others, given their ages, would have
been residents of Wilkes County: James
Grissom Davis,1775; Elizabeth Davis, 1776; Lucy Davis, 1784;
Samuel Davis, 1785; Joshua Davis 1786; Lewis Lanier Davis, 1787; Michaja
Washington Davis, 1794; and Baxter Boswell Davis, 1797.

I would like to hear from/about descendants of any of the above. I have
some information about Col. William Davis and his connection to the Lanier
family of Virginia.

This thread: