GEN-BENELUX-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-BENELUX > 1996-12 > 0849446675

From: <>
Subject: Re: DUYCKINCK, ver Planck
Date: 1 Dec 1996 13:24:35 GMT

If you go to The Olive Tree (URL below) you will find an extensive database on early settlers to
the Dutch colonies in NY. Thereare ships' passenger lists, and a 17th Century Immigrant Ancestor
Registry where you will find others searching your names.

DUYCKINCK became DUYKING and is a well known NJ name. I have info on the immigrant
ancestor if you care to write me via private email. Jeffrey Horton, one of the submitters in my
Immigrant Registry is also a descendant via Hendrickje DUYCKINCK/DUYCKING who md. Jan
STOUTENBURGH and he has a great deal of info on this line.

Lorine McGinnis Schulze

> Peter Griffioen <> writes:
> wrote:
> >
> > Is this a Dutch name? I am searching for any information on the
> > following people:
> >
> > Robert Sinclair b. abt 1660, Ricena, Orkneys d. 1704
> > m.1638 Maria DUYCKINCK, daughter of Gerardus, b. March 1659,
> > d.1731 in New York.
> >

> > Also looking for - a good data base on early Dutch and English
> > settlers in New Amsterdam/New York, and a data base or web site with
> > info on the famous Scottish families of Sinclair, Stewart, Gordon.
> > The above information was collected by a relative from LDS files.
> > thanks, Judith Sanders
>
> Duyckinck is definitely a dutch name. Remember that the Y is really IJ
> in the dutch language. That what you base your search on. Ver Planck
> could be 'van Plank' or ' van der Plank'. Note lower case of 'ver' or '
> van der'. Both mean 'from'.
>
> regards ........... Peter W. Griffioen, Sydney , Australia.

Lorine
Visit The OLIVE TREE Genealogy homepage at
http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/

Lorine McGinnis Schulze

This thread: