GEN-BENELUX-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-BENELUX > 1999-12 > 0944229046

From: "R. Stephen Hansell, Attorney at Law and Patent Attorney" <>
Subject: RE: Split BE - NE - LUX ?
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:50:46 -0500

Excellent suggestions to reduce the amount of chaff members must separate.
While the volume of material is growing rapidly, I think this NewsGroup
continues to get better all the time. May I also suggest that, when
responding to a specific person, the member take the time to address it to
the individual--rather than the group, viz: "FRANS: tell Mom I'll be late
for dinner."? I get the impression that MANY people believe they're doing
so when REPLYing to or addressing the entire group. Despite the huge volume
of material, I'm opposed to splitting the group unless there truly is
limited interest among members in exposure to the other nations/regions.
BTW: As another struggling multi-linguist, I appreciate the postings in
English, and ESPECIALLY the postings in English AND Dutch, for example. NOTE
TO Webmaster (or other teckkies): Is there a way to set up a filter--or a
coding system as below--for those who really don't want to bother with more
than one region?
Ron Hansell, Indianapolis