GEN-BENELUX-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-BENELUX > 2000-05 > 0959290180

From: "Jeanne van Rooij" <>
Subject: Re: de Gruyter, de Gruutere, de Gruyther
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:29:40 +0200

Idegem is in Belgium, East Flanders.
kind regards
Jeanne

Tim de Gruyther <> schreef in berichtnieuws
003401bfc684$8befe240$...
> Hello all,
>
> Is anyone researching this name? I think that's the simplest way I can
ask. I have been given some early de Gruythers, back to 1294 (Jehans li
Grutres) and later the Barons de Grutere of Ijdeghem, but I am trying to
link up much later to a John de Gruyter, born perhaps in the Hague, in or
close to 1778. I have had some kind advice from Tracy Polyak, but I would
like to ask this more general question - "Who is researching de Gruyters in
general?" I want to know more about them.

> Where is Ijdeghem?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Tim de Gruyther
> Dammam