GEN-BENELUX-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-BENELUX > 2010-04 > 1271184296

From: "JWM" <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-BENELUX] Dutch emigration records;for the period 1900-1918.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:00:47 -0600

My question was:

> Are there any online indices for EMIGRATION records ( per ship? )
> for the beginning of the last century?

I should have explicitly included, as that was on my mind for the
GEN-BeNeLux forum IN the BenedeLux.

Apparently emigration as opposed to immigration is not explicit/clear
enough.

In other words are there indices of people shipping out of a port such as
Rotterdam, or Antwerp?
Did the Dutch Department of Volksverhuizing keep records?

I am familiar with some who went via HAMBURG... as Hamburg has <some> info
about people "exiting" from there.

Hope this clarifies! Thanx,

JWM