GEN-DE-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-DE > 1998-04 > 0893852919

From: Wayne Brown <>
Subject: Re: Translation Please GR>ENG
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:28:39 +0200

will bolle wrote:

> Hi Babs,
>
> my translation-program has used the folling text from German to English.
>
> Best regards will bolle

I don't know what part I like the best. One of my favorites is certainly "The
towers the church are about instability before of the foundations to each other
disposed." No one who knows just English could possibility figure out that
means: "The church towers lean toward each other because the ground they are
built on used to be unstable." But I also like the "gaudy church-windows"
(church windows with their magnificent colors) and "very terse appearance" (a
very pronounced appearance). This once again points out the limitations of
translating programs.

Regards,-----WB.

Wo wird einst des Wandermueden
Letzte Ruhestaette sein?