GEN-MAT-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MAT > 2006-07 > 1153996765

From: "Helen" <>
Subject: Meriwether Genealogy, 1631-1899 - See Lines
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:39:25 -0500

The Record of Nicholas Meriwether of Wales and Descendants in Virginia and
Maryland, 1631 to 1899, William Ridgely Griffith, 1899. This new book is one
of a limited edition of 250 copies reprinted by the Meriwether Society in
1995. Thick, slick white softcover with black printing, 5 x 8-1/4, viii plus
172 pages, a new unread book with only a few light scratches on the cover.
The book is out of print and I cannot find another copy anywhere! Contents
include:

Coats of Arms
Explanation
Investigations abroad
Meriwethers in Virginia - Nicholas Meriwether of Wales - Immigrants to
Virginia from Wales.
Children of Welsh Nicholas,1 and their residences - proofs
Descendants of Elizabeth Meriwether2 and husband, Francis Clements:
Thomas Meriwether2 and wife, Susauna Skelton - proofs
Descendants of Francis Meriwether2 and wife, Mary Bathurst - proofs
Descendants of Nicholas Meriwether2 and wife, Elizabeth Crafford -
proofs
William,3 Sarah,3 Mary,3 Elizabeth,3 Nicholas,3 Jane,3 Anne3 - children
of Nicholas Meriwether2 - and their children - proofs
Descendants of David3 Meriwether, of New Kent, (son of Nicholas2) and
wife Ann Holmes - Proofs
Descendants of Thomas 4 Meriwether (son of David3) and wife, Elizabeth
Thornton; and of Nicholas5 (son of Thomas4) and wife, Margaret
Douglas; and of James4 (son of David3) and two wives, Burnley and
Pollard
Excursus Winston
Nicholas4 Meriwether of Goochland, and wife, Frances Morton,
Progenitors of the Maryland branch and their children
The Meriwethers of Maryland, Reuben5 and wife, Sarah Dorsey and their
descendants
Nicholas6 (son of Reuben5) and wife, Elizabeth Hood, and their
descendants
Excursus Griffith
Meriwethers of Georgia and Northern Kentucky
Descendants of Mary5 Meriwether (dau. of Nicholas4 and Frances
Morton) and her husband, Shadrach Vaughan Keans
General Meriwether's parole

There is no index for this scarce book and I'm sorry but I cannot do
lookups, answer questions, etc.

$30 media mail postage paid with delivery confirmation